As per the Governor’s latest Executive Order #2021-102 and the below City of Parkland's Temporary Administrative Policy, the following protocols are in place:
- On City property outside of building: while enjoying City property outside of a building or facility, all residents, visitors, and employees are not required to wear a mask.
- In City buildings and facilities: when residents, visitors, and employees are inside a City building or facility wearing a mask and social distancing are not required. Employees, residents, and visitors who are not fully vaccinated are strongly encouraged to continue wearing a mask and social distancing.
A 24 hour / 7 day a week drop box is set up for our customers’ convenience to avoid waiting and having to come inside. A permit pickup cart will be in front of City Hall during operating hours for all permits ready for pickup – just call ahead to make sure your permit is out front. For payments, please contact the Building Department to have a payment link sent to you via email.
Our mission is to safeguard the health, safety, and welfare of City residents and the business community through the enforcement of building codes and standards. To this end, we issue building permits based on approvals of plans for residential and commercial projects.
The Building Department ensures that certified inspectors:
1. Perform the required inspections in structural, electrical, plumbing, and mechanical trades
2. Schedule and track inspections for the zoning, landscaping, engineering, and fire departments
3. Issue certificates of occupancy
This division also oversees the issuance of waste hauler registrations for the community.
Inspection requests and results are available through the eTRAKiT portal online (see the instructions below). Visit the City of Parkland request for inspection form to submit an online form requesting an inspection, or contact the building department at 954.753.5447.
Directions & Portal Access Information
- View contractor and public electronic permit online access.
- View contractor instructions for eTRAKiT online system.
- View general public instructions for eTRAKiT online system.
- You can check the status of a permit by using this system. If you need a login for the system, please contact the building department at 954.753.5447 to obtain a temporary password for your company.