The Human Resource Department recruits, retains, and develops a qualified and engaged workforce best suited to carry out the mission of the City of Parkland. Our responsibilities include recruitment, compensation and benefits, employee engagement, class specifications, training and development, safety and worker's compensation, and volunteer opportunities for the community.
Meet the Team
Jackie Wehmeyer, Director of Human Resources
As Director, Jackie leads our Human Resources team and partners strategically with Administration to ensure alignment with the City's mission. Jackie joined the City of Parkland in December of 2018 and brings over 24 years of municipal HR experience. Jackie is a past president of the International Public Management Association for Human Resources and possesses SPHR, IMPA-SCP, and SHRM-SCP designations as well as her MBA from Florida Atlantic University.
Jackie can be reached via e-mail or via phone at 954.757.4134.
Kristin Milligan, Human Resources Manager
Kristin partners with the Director in managing the day-to-day operations and leading HR projects. She brings 7 years of HR experience and possesses SPHR, IPMA-SCP, and SHRM-CP designations. Kristin is currently pursuing her Masters of Science in Employment Law at Nova Southeastern University. Kristin can be reached via e-mail or via phone at 954.757.4209.
The Human Resources Department partners strategically with departments throughout the City to achieve organizational effectiveness and is fully aligned with the vision, mission, and goals of the City of Parkland. We achieve operational effectiveness by providing a workplace where employees' work is directly aligned with organizational goals and a work environment that is supportive, respectful, challenging, and rewarding.
Inspired by the City's goal to provide exceptional service to the residents of Parkland, our Department aims to achieve this through our team-work philosophy, proactive efforts, and commitment to Human Resources best practices.
It is the mission of the Human Resources department to provide the following quality services to the employees of the City of Parkland:
- Recruitment and retention of qualified employees and volunteers
- Development, maintenance, and administration of a competitive compensation plan and comprehensive benefits package
- Training, development, and education to promote individual success and increase overall value to the organization
- A safe and healthful working environment
- Inspiration and encouragement for a high level of employee engagement through recognition, effective communication, growth opportunities, and constant feedback
- Development and administration of policies and procedures that are meaningful and aligned with the mission of the City while remaining applicable to daily operations.
Please call the job hotline at 954.757.4169 for additional information about your online application.
The City of Parkland is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Employer / Drug-free workplace / M / F / D / V.